Indeed true, motherhood is greatest of all gifts, mother nature has bestowed upon humankind. But as it is said, with happiness, there comes sorrow, with rights their comes responsibilities. Motherhood comes with immense responsibilities which when mixed with anxieties of being a Mom become unmanageable sometimes.
Part two is about postpartum care a Mother should take, to regain her lost health in the process of childbirth.
Yes, becoming a Mother is very exhausting process and once your baby is out in this world you need to take care of yourself as you take care of your infant. Keep these few points in mind.
- Stick to confinement period, which is generally of 45 days. It is helpful in keeping you and your baby away from any probable disease and additionally it help you manage your changed life after a child.
- Adhere to healthy and nutritional diet. In India, specially in northern part there is a ritual to make new mom eat lots of Jeera(cumin seeds), Ajwain ( carom) and Ghee as well which is believed to manage blood loss, regain stamina and manage changing hormones.
- Even after your confinement period is over, your body still needs rest, according to new research, your body takes at least a year to recover post delivery. So rather than adopting lifestyle you were on before birth, change you schedule and add Rests at regular intervals. Initially try to take sleep of 8 to 10 hours, because sleep is itself a natural remedy for lost stamina.
- Be aware and conscious about concept of postpartum depression. Yes, this is least talk issue among motherhood circle, but every new mom is highly exposed to this because of rapidly changing hormones and stress of nursing new arrival. Don’t get stressed over taking care of your new-born yourself, manage a help, and don’t be shy over someone else taking care of your newborn while you are resting.
- Adhere to fitness regime, because it will help you in both your physical health as well as mental wellbeing.
If you liked my article, hit it and if you have more wisdom to add please share.